Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Sunday 13 March 2011

Episode 22: Er... Happy New Year?

Hello from a definitely spring-like Cheshire Plain. In this episode I grovel about my tardiness, share a story of infestation and cuddle up under my sock yarn blanket. On a technical note, apologies for the sound quality. I recorded it on my iPhone, but of course that's in an MP4 format, not MP3, so I couldn't import it into Audacity to edit, hence the hiss and the lack of theme tune. Hopefully normal service will resume next time.

What's on my hooks and needles: I finished my own Rowan Colourscape cowl over the New Year and that's the only thing I've finished all year! Ravelry details here.



I have however knitted and crocheted some squares for the Baker's Dozen swaps:



Europe II for andigal

Europe I for danioma

Pictures of the squares I've received are here.

I'm also working on my sock yarn blanket, so here are the photos from this morning:





Something I really like: My Fitflop Mukluk boots. Mine are in chocolate!

Upcoming events: A variety of courses from Purl City Yarns in Manchester; Moebius Knitting at Fibre and Clay on 26th March; Cheshire SWD Guild spinning at Norton Priory (16th April) and Dunham Massey (7th and 8th May)

Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain@googlemail.com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).



TTFN,
Nic

2 comments:

  1. I love listening to your podcast!!!!! I found it during the holidays and thoroughly enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Donna Marie, glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete