Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Saturday 31 March 2012

Episode 45: And... Relax

Hello from a slightly overcast Cheshire Plain. In this episode I talk about the original Woolsack, twitch over big art projects and small children and say thank you. A lot.


Works in Progress/Woolsack Update:
To console myself after last week, I cast on a new Woolsack Cushion, using Sheepfold and Jamieson of Shetland yarns. It's a Blacker Yarns pattern, the Celtic Yarns Cushion, and Ravelry details are here.



In addition, I recapped on the aims of the Woolsack project amd the origins of the word. Here is a shot for the UK Parliament's Flickr stream that I found of the Woolsack:

House of Lords Chamber: Woolsack

I also interrupted myself to take a photo of this little fella:




Something I really like: Llama BBQ bites!



Thank You!:
Thank you to everyone who responsed to my meltdown last week. The squares are starting to roll in.
Thank you also to the lovely sandcola, who was my partner in the Fabric Postcard swap over on the Caithness Craft Collective podcast.






Upcoming Events:
Cheshire Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers are taking demonstrating and holding their exhibition at West Kirby Library on Tuesday 10th, Thursday 12th, Friday 13th and Saturday 14th April. Come along and say hello!

The Guild is also hosting a Woolsack Stuffing Event at Frodsham Community Centre, Fluin Lane, Frodsham, Cheshire on Saturday 21st April, 11am-3pm. This event is open to anyone in the area to drop in and stuff your cushion. There is carparking at the Centre and refreshments.

Wonderwool Wales is at the Royal Welsh Showground, Built Wells, Powys, Sat 28th and Sun 29th April.


Links:
Woolsack;
Sheepfold;
Jamieson's of Shetland;
CogKNITive Podcast;
Caithness Craft Collective.


Music: Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, available from Magnatune.

We have a listeners' map. Please go on over to pop in a pin - we're covering 4 continents now but I'd still love to see where you all are!

Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain AT googlemail DOT com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).

TTFN, Nic

3 comments:

  1. Just had to pop on and say that I listened to the podcast this morning and had to come and see the little bird you took a picture of! And the origin of the term "woolsac" was interesting! Good luck with the project!

    Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I cannot spell . . . ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a keyboard conspiracy, myself!

      Delete