Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Episode 62: Une carte postale de Paris

Hello all! this is an extra episode, recorded when we visited Paris earlier this year.

Here are a few snaps...  Who couldn't include the Eiffel Tower? Especially at dusk, when it's covered in twinkly lights...

Some enigmatic bird...

Naopleon III's apartments at the Louvre.

La Droguerie...



Apologies that this one is on its side. I took it on the iPad and no matter how many times I save it in the other oirientation, it's not having any of it!



Boules in front of Les Invalides...



A statue on the Pont Alexandre III. I was fascinated by the padlocks...

Look! It's Miss France!


Links
La Droguerie
Lil Weasel
The Louvre
La Musée Rodin
La  Musée du Quai Branly

Music: Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album Tråd, available from Magnatune.

We have a listeners' map. Please go on over to pop in a pin - we're covering 5 continents now but I'd still love to see where you all are!

Feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain AT googlemail DOT com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain (although Tweeting can be sporadic!).

TTFN,
Nic x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nic

    Thanks for this postcard and your podcasts. I love your style and litening to you is like spending time with a good friend.

    Unfortunately I don't have a foreign yarn tale. However as a knitter I always have my knitting goggles on and find yarn in unexpected places. I was lucky enough to spot some indie yarn at a local art gallery. Patterns and samples too, a real little yarn haven. I'd like either colour.

    Thank you

    TracyC611 on Ravelry

    ReplyDelete