Yarns from the Plain


A podcast for knitters, crocheters and anyone else who loves playing with yarn!

Episodes can be downloaded from iTunes, directly from http://yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com or streamed using the widget below.

Friday 11 April 2014

Episode 86: An Early Morning Walk

Hello from Cragside and a glorious holiday in Northumbria. Tune in for more birdsong!

On and Off The Needles
I finished my Ravellenics Baktus back in February and the February instalment of the Natural Dye Studio Kaleidoscope Blanket Club. Hubby's Beau is about 20cm up both front and back. No other progress.

Spinning
Progress on the Jacob's from Shearer Girl and some gorgeous Picperfic Fluff 'n' Stuff. I've also started on the Hilltop Cloud Ann of Cleves.

Something I Really Like
Staying in a National Trust property - I get to walk around the gardens and pretend they are all mine!
www.nationaltrustcottages.org.uk

Upcoming Events
Unwind Brighton. There will be a podcaster meetup at 1pm, Saturday 12th July. More details to follow.

Shop
I have recently updated the shop with both yarn and fibre. https://www.etsy.com/shop/YarnsFromThePlain


Music
Rondopolska by Barry Philips, from the album TrĂ¥d, available from Magnatune.

Make Contact!
We have a listeners' map. Please go on over to pop in a pin - we're covering 5 continents now but I'd still love to see where you all are! Please feel free to leave a comment here or at http://www.yarnsfromtheplain.podbean.com/, or email me at yarnsfromtheplain AT googlemail DOT com. We have a Ravelry group here, so come on over to chat. You can find me on Ravelry as talesfromtheplain and on Twitter as talesfromplain.

TTFN,
Nic x

1 comment:

  1. "I'd like to win a ball of rowan Pure Wool Aran because..I've never knit with this before and my head could do with something warm and cosy."
    Nic thanks for all the work you do I thoroughly enjoy each episode x

    ReplyDelete